SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you browse our website, we automatically receive your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. When you contact us or purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to make an enquiry or forward a query, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, complete a transaction or verify your credit card, you are consenting to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you and/or for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at: Garden of Eden Ltd Triq tal-Wilga, Ghaxaq, Malta GXQ 9050
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law, regulation, guidance and codes to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service, or in compliance with demands or requests made by local and foreign regulators, governments, courts and law enforcement authorities, and complying with a court process, or in connection with any litigation.
SECTION 4 - YELLOW
Our website is designed by Yellow, Discover Local and hosted on a third party platform. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you (where our website caters for online purchases).
SECTION 5 - PAYMENT:
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then a third party processor stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
SECTION 6 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us and in accordance with the law. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. We recommend that you read their privacy policies, so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on links on our website/store , they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 7 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Our website also uses a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies are created for each session when you visit our website. None of the information collected by means of cookies is associated with you as an individual. We do not use the cookie technology to capture individual e-mail addresses or any personally identifying information about you.
In fact, very little information is automatically gathered and logged.
This information may include:
● the date and time when you access our website;
● the website pages that you view and any download that you may make through such pages;
● whether or not such viewing or download is successful;
● the IP address of the site that may have referred you to us;
● Your IP address;
● The operating system that you may be using (e.g. Windows 10); 3
● The version and make of browser that you may be using (e.g. Internet Explorer 7.0);
● Additional metrics provided by Google Analytics. For more information please visit: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
Should you wish to reject all or certain cookies used by our website, you may modify your web browser preferences to do so. If however you reject all cookies then you might be unable to use some of the services available on our website. Moreover, you may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the opportunity to choose whether or not you wish to accept it. Usually, the information on how to change your options regarding cookies can be obtained by referring to your operating systems manual or to the ‘Help’ section of your web browser, or by contacting your Internet Service Provider.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
SECTION 9 – SENSITIVE DATA
We do not request or require special categories of information concerning religion, health, sexual orientation, trade union membership, or political affiliation and ask you to refrain from providing any such personal data in your communication with us.
SECTION 10 – TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
We may transfer your personal information outside of Malta. The countries to which your personal information is transferred may not offer an equivalent level of protection for personal information to the laws of Malta. Where appropriate, we will take steps to ensure your information is transferred subject to appropriate safeguards, such as by entering into data transfer agreements. Where we have put data transfer agreements or similar safeguards in place, we may be able to make a copy of this available to you if you contact us via one of the methods set out under the header “Contact Information” below.
SECTION 11 – DATA RETENTION
We have a data retention policy that sets out how long we keep your information. This policy is based on the type of information, the purpose of collection, and the system within our digital platforms in which the information is held. As a general rule, we keep your personal information for as long as we need to in order to carry out those purposes for which your data has been collected.
SECTION 12 – YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to:
● Ask us about the processing of your personal information, including to be provided with a copy of your personal information held by us;
● to request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information, or restrict or object to the processing of your personal information;
● to request to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services; and
● to complain to a competent supervisory authority, or to a court of law, if your data protection rights are violated or you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information. If you would like access to the information that we hold about you, if any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, or if you wish to restrict or object to us processing it, please let us know by getting in touch via one of the methods set out under the header “Contact Information“ below. If you object to our processing of your personal information, we will respect such requests in accordance with our legal obligations. Your objection may mean that we may not be able to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above. We may be required or entitled to retain your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and to protect and exercise our legal rights and legitimate interests. In addition to those rights outlined above you also have an unconditional right to object at any time to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes by contacting us via one of the methods set out under the header “Contact Information” below.
SECTION 14 – QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Data Protection 5 Officer/Data Protection Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Garden of Eden Ltd [Re: Privacy Compliance Officer] Garden of Eden Ltd Triq tal-Wilga , Ghaxaq, Malta GXQ 9050